Types of Funds / Beach Fund
The Beach Fund is a motivated group of young professionals ages 25 to 45 (or young at heart) who care about Hampton Roads. Members join together to learn about community needs, pool their resources to award grants and network.
In 2012 they recommended $13,000 in grants to three nonprofits working with children in Lake Edward, an economically disadvantaged neighborhood of Virginia Beach. Grant applications are accepted annually (usually in the spring) from nonprofits working in the focus area selected by Beach Fund members.
For 2013 Beach Fund grants will not involve an application process.
- Help award grants to area nonprofits.
- Learn about philanthropy and nonprofit needs.
- Attend social events and meet philanthropists.
- Learn about community issues and needs.
- Participate in hands-on volunteering.
Join now online or by mail with this Enrollment Form along with a check for a minimum of $400 made payable to the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. 101 W. Main Street, Suite 4500, Norfolk, VA 23510. Online membership includes quarterly and semi-annual payment schedules. For more information contact Debbi Steiger at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 622-7951.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn about the Community Leadership Partners, our other active philanthropy group.