Types of Funds / Donor Advised
- Recommend grants to nonprofit organizations in our region or elsewhere in the United States.
- Explore grantmaking opportunities with help from our staff.
- 24-access to your fund through our online Fund Xpress services.
- Name successor advisors to continue recommending grants after the original advisor’s lifetime.
- Leave a lasting legacy to benefit our community at the end of the advising period.
- Make a gift that is deductible in the year of the donation. You can add to your fund at any time.
A donor-advised fund can be an efficient and cost-effective alternative to starting a private foundation. If you already have a private foundation, you can easily transfer assets to a donor advised fund. Click here to compare a donor advised fund with a private foundation.
Click here for an agreement to start a donor advised fund.
Kay Stine, vice president for development, at email@example.com or (757) 622-7951.
The Nightingale Fund
Dr. Milton and Susan Saunders, R.N. were struck by the lack of equipment available for faith community nurses to use to promote wellness in churches and synagogues in Hampton Roads. In 2004 the Chesapeake couple created a donor advised fund that lets them recommend grants that have helped area congregations purchase CPR mannequins, automatic external defibrillators and other supplies. Meet the Saunders in this video.