Legacy Society for Hampton Roads
Click Here to download your free booklet:
"Adding Charity to Your Will or IRA."
If you have made arrangements for a future gift through the foundation we would like to thank you. We hope you will consider joining the Legacy Society for Hampton Roads, so we can honor you and introduce you to other community-minded generous people.
Legacy Society members all have one thing in common. They have included a gift to us in estate plans through one of these vehicles:
- Charitable trust
- Charitable gift annuity
- Life insurance policy
- Individual Retirement Account or other retirement plan
As a Legacy Society member you are invited to fun special events. You can choose to be recognized publicly or remain anonymous.
For more information, email Kay Stine, vice president for development, at email@example.com or call her at (757) 622-7951.
Funds Created Through Enhanced Legacy Society Member Gifts
- Byron Babcock Fund, an unrestricted fund created in 2009 by the estate of Byron Babcock.
- Winifred Maddock Baldwin Charitable Fund, which received additional estate gifts for a donor advised fund started during Winifred Baldwin's lifetime.
- Julia Atwater Bristow Fund, a scholarship fund created in 2010 by the estate of Julia A. Bristow.
- Virginia P. and Charles F. Burroughs Fund, an unrestricted fund created in 2008 by the estate of Charles F. Burroughs Jr.
- William Goldback Fund, a field of interest fund for the arts and medical education, services or research created in 2009 from the estate of William Goldback.
- H.P. McNeal Fund, an unrestricted fund created in 2005 by the estate of H.P. "Sonny" McNeal.
- Jean C. Old Fund, an unrestricted fund created in 2010 by the estate of Jean C. Old.
Honor Roll of Former Legacy Society Members
We appreciate the arrangements members of the Legacy Society for Hampton Roads made with gifts to the community foundation through their estate plans. We are saddened by the passing of these former Legacy Society members:
- W. Byron Babcock
- Winifred Maddock Baldwin
- Mary Rawls Cooke Berkeley
- Julia Atwater Bristow
- Charles F. Burroughs Jr.
- Thomas A. Felton Jr.
- Virginia Glennan Ferguson
- William A. Goldback
- Linford Mason
- H.P. "Sonny" McNeal
- Jean C. Old
- Lewis H. Shulman
- Donald E. Sly, M.D.
- Ruth B. Weeks, M.D.