Nonprofit Equity Assessment Program
Request for Proposals for Nonprofit Equity Assessment Program
The Nonprofit Equity Assessment Program is designed to help nonprofit organizations evaluate their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts and develop a plan of action to embed racial equity into the day to day operations of the organization. Priority will be given to nonprofits in Hampton Roads that exhibit documented interest in expanding their assessment of and actions toward a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization. Priority also will be given to organizations exhibiting financial stability and a mission that aligns with the Foundation’s funding priorities. This grant will take considerable effort on the part of the organization’s staff and board. Nonprofits should consider the investment this process will take prior to starting an application.
Three grantees will be selected to receive technical assistance services beginning in early 2022. Grantees selected for this 18-month program will be offered services from an equity assessment consultant who will guide the assessment and follow up with the organization to include:
- establishing a core DEI team
- assessment of the emphasis on racial diversity, equity, and inclusion at the organization
- oversight of an organizational racial equity self-assessment
- interviews with board, staff, and other stakeholders
- defining a clear vision related to racial equity for the organization
- defining challenges and opportunities related to racial equity
- development of a plan with goals and strategies
- participation in peer learning opportunities
The deadline is October 13, 2021.