How to Apply
The undergraduate application for 2021-22 scholarships is closed.
Check back in December to apply for scholarships for the 2022-23 school year.
We're glad you're here. Lots of generous people are rooting for you as you continue your education in preparation for your career.
Below are the basics for applying for a Hampton Roads Community Foundation undergraduate college scholarship. One online application lets you be considered for all available scholarships for which you qualify.
Here are suggestions to get you started:
- Read through the list of more than 70 available undergraduate scholarships to see the ones available in the coming year. Though you are submitting one general application, most scholarships have particular eligibility criteria.
- Take a look at our other special scholarships as well. You might find one that matches.
- Note the overall expectations. Most, but not all, of the scholarships assume that you: can demonstrate financial need; will be enrolled full-time while on scholarship; have graduated from a South Hampton Roads high school or will graduate in the spring from high school. Some scholarships have other specific eligibility criteria, so read carefully.
- Note that some scholarships permit only graduating high school seniors to apply while others are open to current undergraduates. In fact, a few will only support students who are upperclassmen in college.
- Most scholarships are renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study. To keep your scholarship each year you will complete a renewal form and send a transcript showing you are in good standing.
- Gather required materials BEFORE you sign on to start your application. It will make your work go much easier and faster.
- Enter the scholarship portal to set up your account, complete and file your application electronically. A few things to know: You need only submit one general application to be considered for multiple scholarships. You can save your work and return to it later to complete. Please read how to use the scholarship portal. And, be sure to follow the directions and provide all required information.
- Meet the March 1 deadline. Applications for all scholarships are available online on December 1 for the following academic year. Your completed application is due by March 1 (unless a different deadline is noted).
- We will automatically consider you for every scholarship for which you qualify. Since funds are always limited, our Scholarship Committee will select the best-matched people to receive scholarships.
- You will be notified by email in April one way or the other. Awards will also be visible in the portal at that time.